Technological breakthroughs are driving educational strategies today. The promising scope of ePub is likely to revolutionize eLearning in the near future. Learning and teaching can benefit a lot with the right incorporation of technologies. Paradigms of education are shifting fast, so it is necessary to make educational strategies more efficient by incorporating suitable technologies.
Digital textbooks have been in the industry for a while. Students can benefit from the increased capabilities of these books, integrated with the latest technologies. One of the greatest advantages of digital textbooks is that these can be accessed online as well as offline. Today, eBook readers can be installed in mobile gadgets, further streamlining the educational process. It has leveraged the overall quality of education, simplifying it with the technological edge.
Educators, too, are finding the new methodologies of teaching fruitful. They have come up with a different style of teaching, altogether. Interactive education has received a boost, particularly through videos, quizzes, assessments and various other interactivities that an eBook offers. In this context, it is relevant to mention the role of ePub. You will notice that epub3 has assisted digital teaching methodologies, further upgrading the system. The last couple of years have witnessed an increase in the use of ePub as a digital textbook format or in other words EDUPUB for education.
Initially, HTML5 was the ideal choice for eBook support. It was suitable for promoting online education, particularly through interactive learning. However, it had certain drawbacks, as it could not define standards. When HTML5 was integrated in ePub3, most of the online materials in the eBooks were reduced to the standards of HTML5. In the process, users lost the purpose of defining standards in the digital textbooks.
It is crucial to define the standards, ensuring the progress of end-to-end ecosystem of learning. Interactive content on these digital textbooks are to be enriched. The developers incorporate various widgets, videos, assessments, audio and interactivities on these online materials to leverage the class of learning. This results in a better learning experience of the readers. Therefore, you need to have a well-defined standard of digital learning.
Well, ePub is an extremely beneficial tool for eLearning. Here, you will come across the benefits of ePub 3 conversion or EDUPUB, when it is used for educational purposes.
Why should you use ePub or EDUPUB for eLearning?
EDUPUB was developed to augment learning and it is not a distinct file format. The ePub content was complemented with certain other specifications to enhance the eLearning experience. It delivers better optimization and interoperability. The readers faced difficulty in using ePub3, as it lacked a well-defined standard for the creation of interactive content. It was not possible for the readers to display the materials seamlessly. Unlike ePub3, EDUPUB is not a different file format. It was created to enhance the experience of the users. It outlines certain guidelines that the best ePub conversion company always follows, including
- Utilizing the available web standards like HTML5 and CSS3 to full potential
- To create appropriate content or education that is semantically structured
- Concentrating more on metadata and optimizing it
- Developing sharable and accessible content
- To support authorizing structure that has useful educational data
A better understanding of ePub and EDUPUB for educational purposes
- EDUPUB has the same extension of ePub files, ePub. It is not a different file format, but contains certain feature that enables ePub to function seamlessly. All types of content can be accommodated in ePub for education services.
- Publishers are free to opt for different sections to suit their needs for content. They can develop configurations over objects that are already scripted, if necessary.
- EDUPUB enables the developers to create content that suits both the needs of students and teachers. They can differentiate these materials through tagging and annotations.
- Teachers can further customize their content by incorporating marks, tags and other features. They can provide specific instructions on the curriculum.
- EDUPUB aims to develop high-quality content that are easy to assess, scale, manage, discover and reproduced, besides being accessible across various platforms.
- It is possible to achieve a well-defined standard in eLearning. It provides guidelines for LTI (Learning Tools Interoperability) and QTI (Question and Test Interoperability), the parts that were missing in the standards.
EDUPUB has already proven to be beneficial for eLearning platforms. The quicker they are adopted on eLearning platforms, the faster will be the benefits. It has the potential to set standards for eLearning in future. There are a lot of companies indulged in ePub conversion and formatting for educational purposes. You can always hire a reputed company to outsource ePub conversion services if you want to leverage the potential of same to assure more effective edifying means.